Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lunch Time


The hunger pierced my stomach with a vengeance.
“I must push on,” I thought, “I must not stop.”
The sea of the hungry seemed to congeal around me and I was trapped temporarily before I finally broke free with a cry of victory.  With determination, I used my elbows like swords and cut my way through the passive waiters, subtly waving around those who had the same idea as me.  Finally, I reached the shore, the land of milk and honey.  With my arms limp and swaying beside me, I marched towards the smell that greeted me.  I reached in my pocket and squeezed my ticket to sustenance.  As I began to pull out my hard earned cash, I heard the ring of the bell.  My stomach dropped and I cursed my slow procession through the hungry storm.  The clouds of chaos subsided as everyone left the thundering room.  I was too late, lunch was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment